Subscribe to the newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest
news in your inbox!

Thanks, your address has been added


At APIVITA, we believe that society, people and culture are elements belonging to the same equation along with the environment, the planet and natural resources. Sustainable development is ensured when all of the above remain in complete balance. This holistic perspective was integrated into our business strategy when APIVITA was established, in 1979, and it continues to be part of our strategy to this day.

This explains why APIVITA sets itself not just financial targets, but environmental as well. We methodically study the impact our operations have on people and the natural environment. We strive to reduce that impact, take initiatives aimed at protecting the environment and preventing pollution, and act positively to improve our environmental indicators. APIVITA also invests in the ongoing education and awareness of all our employees and partners, our customers and our friends.

Our green philosophy is most clearly evident in APIVITA’s bioclimatic premises at the Industrial Park of Markopoulo, Mesogaia, Greece.

The premises include a biological waste treatment system for liquid and solid waste resulting from manufacturing processes (industrial waste) as well as for municipal waste generated by human activities.

The company has reduced the weight of paper packaging in the development of new face products by 30%. In the same category, we reduced the weight of glass packaging for new face products by 10%, by replacing traditional containers with apothecary jars.

The building’s operations are partly supported by an innovative system of renewable energy sources. 12 % of the energy used comes from geothermal energy systems and solar power. Our aim is to raise this to 25% and eventually, by 2020, to fully provide for the remaining 75% through other renewable sources of energy.

We minimize as far as possible the materials we use for packaging and promotion (stands and printed materials), and we increase the use of recycled or environmentally certified raw materials. More specifically, we choose recycled or environmentally certified materials for the packaging of our products. We prefer to use recycled or environmentally certified paper and we avoid laminated packaging paper. The paper we use is biodegradable, EMAS & FSC certified, sourced from sustainably managed forests, unbleached (chlorine bleaching is a process which has harmful effects on the environment) and heavy metal-free.

Download our
CSR report 2010


Our sources of inspiration have remained the same ever since APIVITA was set up: the honeybee society, the uniqueness of Greek nature and Hippocrates, the father of Medicine.

Read More


The creation and maintenance by APIVITA of the Hippocratic Botanical Garden, on the island of Kos, helps raise awareness about the work of Hippocrates throughout the world and ensures that the knowledge he handed down to us will be passed on to future generations.

Read More
Follow Us:

added to cart


Continue shopping (4) View cart & checkout