You have no items in your shopping cart.
The genus Limonium sp. is found in all over the world. The greatest diversity is in the area stretching from the Canary Islands through the Mediterranean region. This marine plant is mainly found in salt water marshes and flowers from July to September in carpets of a magnificent blue. It has many flowers grouped out of unilateral spikes. It has the particularity to reject the salt by the lower face of its leaves so forming small crystals which we can easily observe.
Immortal blue or Sea lavender the meaning of which is 'always there for you', possesses a long glorious past.
Indeed Immortal blue symbolizes the beauty through ages, the immortal beauty.
Homer in the Odyssey refers to Immortal blue or Sea lavender, with which the gods strewed Estran to create an immortal link between the kingdoms of the sky and the sea when these were separated.
It is also the immortal blue which gave Circe, the magician, her supreme beauty due to which Odysseus (Ulysse) fell desperately in love.
- Because of its original composition, complex lipids glycolipids and sulpholipids, sitosterol and vitamin E, Sea Lavender has proved its efficacy on moisturization and softening of the skin. Because of its anti-free radical and antioxidant effect, Sea Lavender fights against UVB and UVA radiation by protecting the skin tissue components. It also stimulates the formation of hyaluronic acid.
- Through its dynamic action on the prevention of manifestations of skin ageing and photoageing, Sea Lavender appears to be an important player in the formulation of anti-age, firmness and after-sun cosmetic lines. It contributes to better skin cohesion.
- It helps increase the defense of the skin.
- It has anti-ageing and nourishing properties.
- It is very effective in skin care product especially anti-ageing and very dry skin products. It is ideal for mature skin.
- Sea Lavender could be considered as a complete anti-ageing active, a cutaneous barrier restorer and protector of the skin physiology. Sea Lavender boosts collagen production and protects against collagen degradation induced by UVA. Overall it maintains skin young and healthy.
Disclaimer: Information on this particular article is intended for information purposes only. It is not the intention of the editor to advise on health care. Please see a medical professional about any health concerns you have.