You have no items in your shopping cart.
Native to the tropics of America, papaya was cultivated in Mexico several centuries before the emergence of the Mesoamerican classic cultures.
Women in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and other parts of the world have long used green papaya as a folk remedy for contraception and abortion. Enslaved women in the West Indies are also noted consuming papaya to prevent pregnancies and thus preventing their children from being born into slavery.
- Extracts of fruit and seed have antibacterial and wound healing properties.
- Contains exfoliating properties due to papain.
- Reduces and attenuates freckles or brown spots due to exposure to sunlight, smoothing the skin and creating a healthier looking complexion.
- Prevents oxidation of cholesterol, due to wide range of antioxidants, Vitamin C and E.
- Offers protection against heart disease.
- Offers protection against digestive problems due to the high content in dietary fiber.
Disclaimer: Information on this particular article is intended for information purposes only. It is not the intention of the editor to advise on health care. Please see a medical professional about any health concerns you have.